Docksearch.net Removal Tips
Docksearch.net is one of the most annoying browser hijackers ever. Its creators have designed it to display commercial advertisements and fake search results, and that is why you must not use this PUP (potentially unwanted program) as your search tool. Instead of keeping it on your personal computer, uninstall docksearch.net before your PC is thriving with viruses, Trojans, or malware. The browser hijacker is made to be compatible with the browsers that are used the most, and these are Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. Of course, the program can also affect lesser-known browsers.
Do you know what changes are made if the PUP infects your device? Firstly, the new tab window, home page, and default search provider will be turned into docksearch.net and it will be very difficult to reverse the changes. Secondly, there will be a lot of interference with your browsing. Read the article to find out the exact symptoms.
Why is docksearch.net dangerous?
This potentially unwanted program should not do harm if it is not opened and used. However, everyone needs to use the Internet once in a while, so this is inevitable. When you open your Google Chrome or other browser, you will notice that the home page looks quite suspicious. It does not resemble legitimate search engines in the slightest: it has many links to various websites (classified into Popular Sites, Shopping, Games). Some of these links may not even function. In addition, there is an annoying advertisement just below the search bar. This indicated that ads can be encountered anywhere, for example, on other websites. The advertisements are not harmless: a sole banner or pop-up can be responsible for a number of infections. Additionally, as soon as you try searching for information, you will see that the results are not really good: there will be lots and lots of sponsored links that are designed to look like normal results. Finally, the user’s personally-identifiable information might be gathered and shared because the PUP states that there is no confidentiality while browsing. Remove docksearch.net because, as you see, it violates your rights.Download Removal Toolto remove Docksearch.net
How did my computer get infected with docksearch.net?
There is no download button on the official site of the browser hijacker. It is clear that the PUP is spread in software bundles. These bundles are downloaded from suspicious file sharing pages. You can keep your PC safe if you use Advanced or Custom installation settings. The best decision would be rejecting these webpages altogether.
How to remove docksearch.net from my PC?
As in the case of the majority of PUPs, you can delete docksearch.net manually and automatically. For the manual process, you can look at the instructions that our security team has provided and try following them. If you think that automatic docksearch.net removal is a better idea, you can download a reliable anti-malware and anti-spyware application, which would delete the PUPs.
Uninstall docksearch.net from your computer
- Open the Start menu.
- Open Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove programs.
- Remove the application.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Open the Start menu.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Delete the program.
Windows 8 and 8.1
- Navigate your mouse to the lower right side of the screen.
- Open Settings and choose Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and remove the unwanted application.
Delete docksearch.net from your browser
- Find the Gear icon and click it.
- Click Internet Options.
- Replace the home page.
- Press the Gear icon again.
- Choose Manage Add-ons.
- Navigate to Toolbars and Extensions and uninstall the unwanted add-ons.
- Choose Search Providers.
- Replace the current search provider with a new one.
- Open the menu and go to Settings.
- Navigate to Set pages and set a new home page.
- Click Manage search engine and change the search engine.
- Go to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted add-ons.
- Open the menu and go to Options.
- Choose the General tab and set a new homepage.
- Under Search tab, change the search provider.
- Go to the menu again and choose Add-ons.
- Uninstall the unwanted extensions.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.