What can be said about this contamination
WeatherBlink is an dubious toolbar categorized as a potentially unwanted software. A dubious toolbar is not a dangerous computer malware, nor will it harm your device directly, even if it sets up without your explicit consent, through freeware bundles. While quite harmless most of the time, in some cases, you could be led to malicious portals and you could end up with malevolent programs your machine. It will employ freeware bundles to infect, which means you install it yourself if you don’t pay attention to how you’re installing freeware. Suspicious toolbars wish to expose you to as many advertisements as possible because they wish to make income. You should remove WeatherBlink if you aim to keep your machine shielded.
Why terminate WeatherBlink?
The reason you have the toolbar set up is, you didn’t see it being added to some freeware. Users usually make a mistake when selecting Default mode, which essentially provides adjoined offers the authorization to install. Using Advanced or Custom settings would be the right choice. Those settings will allow you to check for adjoined items, and if there is something there, you will have the choice of unchecking it/them. Those adjoined offers ought to not be set up thus, ensure they are always unmarked. In case you have already installed the threat onto your device, ensure you abolish WeatherBlink.
You will see the toolbar the second it enters your computer as of the changes carried out to your browser. Had it entered through the bundling method, the changes will be quite unexpected. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be touched by the changes. The toolbar will set you a different homepage, new tabs and search engine. These modifications cannot be negated unless you remove WeatherBlink from your device first. Employing the search engine is not encouraged because it will insert advertisement hyperlinks among the legitimate results. It does that as its prime goal is to make profit. You can even end up with a malicious program if you’re not cautious since those redirects may lead to damaging web pages. Abolish WeatherBlink.
Whether you decide to remove WeatherBlink or not, it’s for you to decide but you ought to consider it carefully. You might eliminate WeatherBlink in two ways, and you should select the one best suiting your abilities. The two options are, employing some uninstallation tool to remove WeatherBlink or doing it yourself. Since the anti-spyware software would do everything for you and it would be quicker, we suggest picking the former method. By hand WeatherBlink uninstallation can be rather time-consuming because you would need to find the contamination yourself.
Learn how to remove WeatherBlink from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete WeatherBlink from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove WeatherBlink from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete WeatherBlink from Windows?
a) Remove WeatherBlink related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on WeatherBlink related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall WeatherBlink related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select WeatherBlink related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete WeatherBlink related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select WeatherBlink related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove WeatherBlink from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including WeatherBlink. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove WeatherBlink from web browsers?
a) Erase WeatherBlink from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase WeatherBlink and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate WeatherBlink from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate WeatherBlink
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete WeatherBlink from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate WeatherBlink and choose a new provider
d) Remove WeatherBlink from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.