About this infection
VideoZone Search is a doubtful browser extension that is set up together with freeware. You could get infected if you install freeware in Default settings, and once it’s on your OS, your browser will have the plug-in attached, and settings will be modified. It could reroute you to strange pages and will expose you to plenty of adverts. It won’t bring anything beneficial to you since its primary aim is to gain profit. These types of plug-in aren’t believed to be malicious themselves but they can still bring about undesired consequences. You may end up with a severe malware infection if you were rerouted to a unsafe portal. You’re unnecessarily endangering your device, so you ought to delete VideoZone Search.
How did the plug-in invade my machine
Free software is implemented to aid in questionable browser extension spreading. You may have chosen to set it up as well as it is available on browser stores or official pages. But generally, they come as optional items that, unless you uncheck them, will install automatically alongside. They do not even require your explicit authorization to set up as when you choose Default mode, you essentially authorize them to install. You should select Advanced or Custom mode if you wish to check if something is attached to the application you’re setting up. If something you don’t want is attached to free software, you can deny the installation by unmarking those offers. You should always remain wary as by being careless you will end up installing plenty of added items. We encourage you to erase VideoZone Search, as you most likely installed it by accident.
Why you ought to eliminate VideoZone Search
permitting the add-on to stay isn’t recommended as it will be useless to you. The main reason these questionable extensions even exist is to direct you to advertisement web pages and to display you ads, which makes the owners revenue. You will find that as soon as you allow the plug-in to enter, your browser’s settings will be altered and its advertised site will page to load instead of your regular home web page. Once the modifications are carried out, whether you’re using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, the web page will load every time. And modifications may be irreversible unless you firstly terminate VideoZone Search. The add-on will also attach unknown toolbars to your browser and huge amounts of ads will be appearing on your screen. You would normally run into these dubious add-ons in Google Chrome but that doesn’t mean other browsers are entirely safe. We don’t recommend using the add-on because it might expose you to content that is not quite secure. It needs to be mentioned that those add-ons might lead to a more serious contamination, even though they are not classified as malicious themselves. We encourage you to eliminate VideoZone Search in order to evade more trouble.
VideoZone Search termination
There are two ways you can abolish VideoZone Search, automatically or manually. It might be easiest to get some anti-spyware program and have it take care of VideoZone Search termination. If you wish to abolish VideoZone Search by hand, a guide can be found below.
Learn how to remove VideoZone Search from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete VideoZone Search from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove VideoZone Search from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete VideoZone Search from Windows?
a) Remove VideoZone Search related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on VideoZone Search related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall VideoZone Search related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select VideoZone Search related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete VideoZone Search related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select VideoZone Search related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove VideoZone Search from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including VideoZone Search. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove VideoZone Search from web browsers?
a) Erase VideoZone Search from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase VideoZone Search and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate VideoZone Search from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate VideoZone Search
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete VideoZone Search from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate VideoZone Search and choose a new provider
d) Remove VideoZone Search from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.