What can be said in regards to this infection
Search.weather-genie.com is thought to be a hijacker that can set up without your consent. Browser hijackers are commonly not voluntarily installed by users, they may not even be aware of the contamination. You must have recently set up some kind of freeware, as hijackers for the most part use application packages to distribute. A hijacker is not seen to be malevolent and thus should not harm. You will, however, experience constant redirects to promoted websites, since that is the prime reason they even exist. Those sites will not always secure so if you entered a unsafe portal, you might end up contaminating your device with damaging software. It is not really handy to you, so allowing it to remain is quite pointless. To go back to usual surfing, you just need to remove Search.weather-genie.com.
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.weather-genie.com
How did the hijacker infect your OS
Some people might not be aware of the fact that extra offers oftentimes install with freeware. It might have advertisement-supported applications, redirect viruses and various not wanted programs added to it. People generally end up authorizing browser hijackers and other undesirable utilities to install as they don’t select Advanced (Custom) settings during a free program installation. Advanced settings will show you if anything has been attached, and if there is, you will be able to untick it. By selecting Default mode, you are basically providing them authorization to set up automatically. You should abolish Search.weather-genie.com as it did not even ask for explicit authorization to set up.
Why must you delete Search.weather-genie.com?
Don’t be surprised to see your browser’s settings altered the moment it manages to infiltrates your PC. Your browser’s home web page, new tabs and search engine have been set to the portal the browser intruder’s advertised website. All leading browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, will have those alterations carried out. Reversing the modifications might not be possible without you making sure to abolish Search.weather-genie.com first. Your new home website will have a search engine, which we don’t recommend using as it will insert advertisement contents into the real search results, so as to reroute you. Hijackers do this in order to generate as much traffic as possible for those portals in order to gain revenue. The redirects will be awfully irritating as you will end up on all kinds of strange websites. While those reroutes are certainly bothersome they could also be pretty harmful. You might be led to some harmful web page, where malware can be waiting, by those redirects. To stop this from happening, terminate Search.weather-genie.com from your OS.
How to uninstall Search.weather-genie.com
So as to abolish Search.weather-genie.com, we recommend you use anti-spyware applications. If you opt for by hand Search.weather-genie.com uninstallation, you will have to identify all connected software yourself. If you scroll down, you will discover a guide we made to help you terminate Search.weather-genie.com.Download Removal Toolto remove Search.weather-genie.com
Learn how to remove Search.weather-genie.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Search.weather-genie.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Search.weather-genie.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Search.weather-genie.com from Windows?
a) Remove Search.weather-genie.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Search.weather-genie.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Search.weather-genie.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Search.weather-genie.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Search.weather-genie.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Search.weather-genie.com related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Search.weather-genie.com from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Search.weather-genie.com. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Search.weather-genie.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Search.weather-genie.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Search.weather-genie.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Search.weather-genie.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Search.weather-genie.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Search.weather-genie.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Search.weather-genie.com and choose a new provider
d) Remove Search.weather-genie.com from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.