What type of infection are you dealing with
Search.securesearch.live redirect virus may be to blame for the modifications carried out to your browser, and it might have infiltrated along with free applications. The reason the browser hijacker is installed is because you did not pay enough attention to see that it was added to some application that you installed. Such threats are why you need to pay attention to what type of software you install, and how you do it. Redirect viruses are rather low-level threats they do perform plenty of unnecessary activity. You’ll notice that instead of the usual home website and new tabs, your browser will now load the hijacker’s promoted page. You’ll also have a different search engine and it may insert sponsored content into results. Redirect viruses will redirect you to sponsored sites so as to generate traffic for them, which allows their owners to make income from advertisements. Do take into account that you could be redirected a malware infection. If you infected your operating system with malware, the situation would be much more extreme. So that users see them as beneficial, redirect viruses pretend to have handy features but the reality is, you can easily replace them with proper extensions which would not reroute you. Browser hijackers also collect information about the users, so that more personalized adverts might be displayed. Furthermore, problematic third-parties might be granted access to that info. And that is why you ought to delete Search.securesearch.live as quickly as possible.
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.securesearch.live
How does it behave
It’s likely that you encountered the browser redirect unintentionally, during freeware installation. Since these are very aggravating infections, we highly doubt you got it willingly. This method is effective because users are inattentive, don’t read the information provided and are generally careless when installing software. You must pay attention as items tend to hide, and you not noticing them is like allowing their installation. Default settings will conceal the items, and if you still decide to use them, you might contaminate your OS with all kinds of unfamiliar offers. You need to deselect the offers, and they’ll only be visible in Advanced or Custom mode. It’s advised that you uncheck all the offers. After all the offers have been deselected, you may continue the freeware installation. Initially blocking the threat can can go a long way to save you a lot time because dealing with it later could be time-consuming and irritating. You also have to stop downloading from unreliable sites, and instead, opt for official/legitimate sites/stores.
Redirect virus infections are noticed right away, even by users who don’t have much experience with computers. Without your explicit permission, it’ll modify your browser’s settings, setting your home website, new tabs and search engine to a web page its promoting. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be among the browsers altered. And until you remove Search.securesearch.live from the OS, you’ll be stuck with the page loading every time your browser is opened. The redirect virus will keep nullifying the modifications back so don’t waste time attempting to alter anything. If you see that when you search for something through browser’s address bar, search results are made not by your set search engine, the browser hijacker likely changed it. Clicking on any of those results is not suggested because you’ll be redirected to sponsored content. Redirect viruses aim to reroute to certain websites so that owners could make money. Owners will be able to earn more profit when their websites have more traffic since more users will likely engage with adverts. You’ll realize when you enter such web pages immediately because they obviously have little to do with search inquiry. Some might seem real, for example, if you were to search for ‘antivirus’, you could get results for web pages endorsing suspicious products but they might appear completely valid in the beginning. The reason you should be cautious is because certain web pages could be dangerous, which may result in a severe infection. Your browsing activity will also be overseen, with the goal of gathering data about what interests you. More customized adverts might be created using the collected info, if third-parties get access to it. After a while, you may realize more customized sponsored results, if the hijacker uses the obtained data. Erase Search.securesearch.live, and if you are still in doubt, read this paragraph again. Don’t forget to reverse the modified settings after you’ve carried out the process.
Now that you know what kind of infection you are dealing with, you can delete Search.securesearch.live. Manually and automatically are the two possible options for getting rid of the browser hijacker. You will have to locate where the browser hijacker is hidden yourself if you choose the former method. It is not complex to do but it may take a bit of time, but below this report you’ll discover guidelines to aid you. They should help you take care of the contamination, so follow them accordingly. If the instructions are unclear, or if the process itself is not going in the right direction, it might be best if you pick the other method. In that case, obtain anti-spyware software, and have it dispose of the infection. The software will look for the infection on your machine and once it finds it, all you have to do is allow it to eliminate the hijacker. You were successful in getting rid of the infection if you are able to change your browser’s settings without the reroute virus interfering. The redirect virus must have been able to restore itself if what you alter in settings is reversed. Now that you have experienced how annoying redirect virus could be, you should try to block them. If you wish to have an uncluttered computer, you have to have good computer habits.Download Removal Toolto remove Search.securesearch.live
Learn how to remove Search.securesearch.live from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Search.securesearch.live from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Search.securesearch.live from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Search.securesearch.live from Windows?
a) Remove Search.securesearch.live related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Search.securesearch.live related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Search.securesearch.live related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Search.securesearch.live related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Search.securesearch.live related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Search.securesearch.live related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Search.securesearch.live from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Search.securesearch.live. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Search.securesearch.live from web browsers?
a) Erase Search.securesearch.live from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Search.securesearch.live and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Search.securesearch.live from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Search.securesearch.live
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Search.securesearch.live from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Search.securesearch.live and choose a new provider
d) Remove Search.securesearch.live from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.