About this threat
Search.searchptp.com is seen as a browser hijacker that may install without your permission. Installation generally occurs by chance and frequently users aren’t even aware of how it occurred. You must have recently installed some type of freeware, since browser intruders commonly use software bundles to spread. A browser hijacker is not a dangerous virus and ought to not harm. You will, however, experience frequent redirects to sponsored sites, as that is why they even exist. Those web pages aren’t always secure so if you visited a unsafe page, you could end up contaminating your system with malevolent program. You will get nothing by keeping the reroute virus. If you wish to return to usual surfing, you ought to erase Search.searchptp.com.
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchptp.com
Redirect virus distribution methods
Some people might not be aware of the fact that added items generally install with free applications. Adware, browser intruders and other possibly not wanted utilities could come as those added items. Those attached offers can only be spotted in Advanced or Custom mode so choose those settings if you want to dodge installing browser intruders or other unnecessary tools. Advanced mode will show you if anything has been attached, and if there is, you will be able to uncheck it. They will install automatically if you use Default settings because they fail to inform you of anything adjoined, which permits those items to install. Having to remove Search.searchptp.com would take much longer than it would to unmark a few boxes, so take that into account the next time you are flying through setup.
Why should you erase Search.searchptp.com?
Your browser’s settings will be altered as soon as the browser intruder manages to infect your machine. The site the hijacker is promoting will be set to load as your homepage. It It will be capable of affecting all main browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Reversing the alterations may not be doable unless you make sure to eliminate Search.searchptp.com first. We recommend avoiding to use the search engine promoted on your new homepage as sponsored results will be inserted into results, so as to reroute you. Redirect viruses perform those reroutes to weird portals since the more traffic the portal receives, the more profit owners get. Redirects will occur to all kinds of strange pages, which makes redirect viruses deeply aggravating deal with. While those reroutes are plenty troublesome they might also be quite damaging. You might be led to some dangerous page, where malicious program might be hiding, by those reroutes. If you want to keep your device protected, terminate Search.searchptp.com as soon as you notice it occupying your computer.
How to uninstall Search.searchptp.com
It would be much easier if you obtained anti-spyware software and used it removeSearch.searchptp.com for you. If you opt for manual Search.searchptp.com uninstallation, you will have to locate all connected software yourself. A guide will be presented to help you remove Search.searchptp.com in case you cannot find it.Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchptp.com
Learn how to remove Search.searchptp.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Search.searchptp.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Search.searchptp.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Search.searchptp.com from Windows?
a) Remove Search.searchptp.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Search.searchptp.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Search.searchptp.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Search.searchptp.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Search.searchptp.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Search.searchptp.com related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Search.searchptp.com from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Search.searchptp.com. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Search.searchptp.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Search.searchptp.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Search.searchptp.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Search.searchptp.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Search.searchptp.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Search.searchptp.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Search.searchptp.com and choose a new provider
d) Remove Search.searchptp.com from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.