About this threat
Search.hquickspeedcheck.com is your typical browser hijacker that could infect a system without the explicit authorization of the user. It is added to freeware as an additional offer that unless deselected will set up alongside the freeware. You are lucky that the hijacker is not malware and it will not damage your device directly. However, you shouldn’t keep it installed. You will find that your Internet browser’s settings have been altered and reroutes to sponsored web pages are occurring. It could also lead you to malicious web pages. Abolish Search.hquickspeedcheck.com as it gives no beneficial features and puts your PC in avoidable risk.
How does it spread
Freeware usually comes with additional items, like advertising-supported programs and hijackers. Even if those items are optional, the majority of users install them anyway and it’s normally because Default mode is chosen during freeware installation. Everything that is hidden will be found in Advanced (Custom) settings so if you want to prevent unneeded items from uninstalling, make sure you implement those settings. All lot of offers are bundled with free applications, so be cautious. While those items aren’t dangerous, as in they won’t directly affect your device, they could still bring about unwanted consequences. If you see it installed eliminate Search.hquickspeedcheck.com.
Why is Search.hquickspeedcheck.com removal crucial
Your browser’s settings will be modified as soon as it manages to get into your PC. Whether you are using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox it will be immediately evident that your homepage and new tabs have been altered to the hijacker’s advertised site. The first thing you will try doing is invalidate the modifications but you will be unable to do so until you eliminate Search.hquickspeedcheck.com fully, with no leftovers left behind. You will have a quite basic page set as your home web page, it will have a couple ads flashing around and a search engine. Sponsored content may be implanted among the proper results. Be vary of being led to dangerous sites since you may download malware. So as to prevent this from happening, abolish Search.hquickspeedcheck.com from your operating system.
Manual Search.hquickspeedcheck.com termination is possible so you can try that, just bear in mind that you will have to discover the browser hijacker yourself. If you bump into problems, you can try anti-spyware tools and it should be able to abolish Search.hquickspeedcheck.com. No matter which way you pick, ensure that you get rid of the hijacker entirely.
Learn how to remove Search.hquickspeedcheck.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Search.hquickspeedcheck.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Search.hquickspeedcheck.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Search.hquickspeedcheck.com from Windows?
a) Remove Search.hquickspeedcheck.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Search.hquickspeedcheck.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Search.hquickspeedcheck.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Search.hquickspeedcheck.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Search.hquickspeedcheck.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Search.hquickspeedcheck.com related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Search.hquickspeedcheck.com from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Search.hquickspeedcheck.com. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Search.hquickspeedcheck.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Search.hquickspeedcheck.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Search.hquickspeedcheck.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Search.hquickspeedcheck.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Search.hquickspeedcheck.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Search.hquickspeedcheck.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Search.hquickspeedcheck.com and choose a new provider
d) Remove Search.hquickspeedcheck.com from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.