What can be said about this browser extension
FF Protect AntiVir is thought to be a questionable browser extension that gets unwittingly set up by people. Users generally get invaded when they inattentively install free applications, and what this will do is lead to your browser adding the extension and settings modified. The plug-in will then reroute you and show you more ads than you are used to. It won’t bring anything beneficial to you as it wants to simply generate revenue. These types of plug-in aren’t considered to be malevolent themselves but they may still bring about undesirable consequences. You could end up with a severe malware contamination if you were rerouted to a compromised page. You are needlessly putting your operating system in danger, so we encourage you to uninstall FF Protect AntiVir.
Doubtful add-on spread methods
Freeware is used to help questionable browser extensions spread. Of course, you could also get them from browser stores or official sites as well. But generally, they come as optional items that, unless you uncheck them, will set up automatically alongside. And you choosing to use Default mode during freeware setup basically provides them the necessary consent for setup. You should select Advanced or Custom settings so as to see whether anything is added to the application you are installing. If you notice something being there, uncheck it/them. Your system may become exposed to all kinds of not wanted software if you are not careful. And if it managed to set up, terminate FF Protect AntiVir.
Should you uninstall FF Protect AntiVir
No good things will come from you keeping the plug-in. The main reason behind their existence is to route you to promoted sites and to display you ads, making the owners income. If you permit the add-on to install into your OS, you will find your browser’s settings modified and its promoted web page will be set as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. After the modifications are executed, no matter if you are using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, the website will load every time. And if you attempt to undoing the alterations, the plug-in may be preventing you from doing it, so you’ll have to first terminate FF Protect AntiVir. The add-on will also adjoin unusual toolbars to your browser and begin creating large amounts of advertisements. You will usually run into these questionable extensions in Google Chrome but that does not mean other browsers are thoroughly safe. Opting to use the extension could result in you being exposed to dangerous content, which is why you’re not recommended to use it. These extensions aren’t categorized as malevolent themselves, they may be able lead to a malware threat. Which is why you should abolish FF Protect AntiVir.
FF Protect AntiVir uninstallation
You can choose from automatic or manual removal when it comes to having to terminate FF Protect AntiVir. If you pick automatic FF Protect AntiVir removal, you will need to get some anti-spyware software, which will take care of everything. If you want to remove FF Protect AntiVir manually, a guide will be displayed below.
Learn how to remove FF Protect AntiVir from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete FF Protect AntiVir from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove FF Protect AntiVir from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete FF Protect AntiVir from Windows?
a) Remove FF Protect AntiVir related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on FF Protect AntiVir related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall FF Protect AntiVir related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select FF Protect AntiVir related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete FF Protect AntiVir related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select FF Protect AntiVir related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove FF Protect AntiVir from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including FF Protect AntiVir. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove FF Protect AntiVir from web browsers?
a) Erase FF Protect AntiVir from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase FF Protect AntiVir and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate FF Protect AntiVir from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate FF Protect AntiVir
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete FF Protect AntiVir from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate FF Protect AntiVir and choose a new provider
d) Remove FF Protect AntiVir from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.