About this threat
Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam are fake pop-ups, most likely the result of an adware. These bogus alerts usually intend to trick users into dialing alleged tech-support who would first ask for remote access to your computer, and then install overpriced, possibly useless software. Ad-supported programs will make very invasive advertisements so expect the warnings to show up constantly. If you carelessly install free programs, it is not surprising that an ad-supported program is installed. In case you are worried, the ads won’t damage your OS so as long as you don’t dial the number, no damage will be done. However, if you did call them, you might be cheated out of a lot of money, or more severe malicious program might be installed, and that might allow them access to your personal details. Authorizing some questionable tech-support remote access to your computer may turn out to be a very bad idea, so you must be cautious. And when it comes to this pop-up, just ignore it, you’re machine isn’t in jeopardy, neither is your data. When you uninstall Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam, the adverts should go away, and you will be able to go back to regular browsing.
What does it do
An adware can usually be discovered adjoined to freeware as an additional item. If some kind of item comes along with the freeware, you should uncheck it, and it can not be done in Default settings. So as to be able to unmark the items, choose Advanced (Custom) mode. Those extra items will be visible in Advanced, so just uncheck the boxes. It would be a good idea to always uncheck everything because if you weren’t correctly informed about their installation, they do not belong on your system. If you wish to avoid having to erase Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam and similar regularly, be more attentive about how you install applications.
The bogus adverts want to trick users into believing that there is something amiss with their system. Scammers will create all kinds scenarios, such as malware, licensing or system problems. Don’t be surprised to see alerts about data loss or leaks as less computer savvy users would be more likely to fall for this scam. So as to prevent those data loss scenarios, the user is asked to call their tech-support, who are pretending to be real to fool you. Trustworthy companies won’t request you to call them, and especially not through some random ad, so keep that in mind the next time you encounter similar warnings. For example, if Apple or Microsoft is asking you to call them, you’re obviously being con artists. The scammers would remotely connect to your device, pretend to find some problem, very quickly explain it to you and suggest a way to repair everything, for which of course, you would be charged. The reason these tech-support scams are still around is because less-computer savvy people still fall for them. And it’s not hard to see how some less computer knowledgeable people could fall for them, as even if they ignore the first pop-up, after they start appearing regularly, they might believe that it’s a legitimate alert. If you’re still doubtful about whether the alert is legitimate, you can always use a search engine to check it out, and that would resolve all the doubts. The first results will certainly lead to web pages that report it as a scam. Now that you are sure it’s a scam, just close the alert and deal with what’s bringing them about. If the pop-ups are showing up constantly, you will need to find and delete Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam advertising-supported program.
Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam removal
Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam uninstallation is somewhat easy, so there should not be any problems with the process. You have two ways to terminate Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam, by hand or automatically. The by hand way might take more time but it’s possible, and we have written up instructions to aid you below. If you want to terminate Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam automatically, get spyware removal software, and let it take care of everything. After you take care of the infection, the warnings should stop appearing.
Learn how to remove Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam from Windows?
a) Remove Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam from web browsers?
a) Erase Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam and choose a new provider
d) Remove Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
Download Removal Toolto remove Error DT00X2 POP-UP Scam
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.