How to remove Coronaborealis
Coronaborealis is an ad-supported program that is quite similar to Canopus and Capricornus. The adware travels bundled with freeware and shareware. In most cases, computer users install it without even realizing it. There is nothing beneficial about the application for users as it is aimed at web traffic generation.
This means that it will flood you with commercials wherever you go online, thus slowing down your Internet connection. If you do not wish to deal with the unnecessary ads, you should delete Coronaborealis from your computer as soon as you can.
How does Coronaborealis work?
Most adware generate commercials with the help of an extension that they add to your browsers. Coronaborealis works in a different way. It replaces your dnsapi.dll file. This file allows it to connect to remote servers and insert advertisements into your web browsers. The application is compatible with all major browsers, so you will see its ads regardless of which one of them you use. The adverts will appear on every page that you open. You should know that some of these ads are completely fake. They may lead you to dangerous websites, where you could infect your PC with malicious programs or suffer from different online scams. If you want to make sure that you do not accidentally click on a fake commercial, you should eliminate Coronaborealis from your browsers right away.Download Removal Toolto remove Coronaborealis
Before you uninstall Coronaborealis, you should know how to avoid similar apps in the future. Ad-supported programs get distributed through free software bundles. During the setup of freeware, you need to choose the Advanced or Custom mode instead of the Recommended or Default one. The Advanced mode will allow you to select components that you want to install and deselect those that you want to avoid. You should deselect all applications that are unfamiliar to you, even if they are described as extremely useful tools.
How to remove Coronaborealis?
Because of the way that the adware works, manual Coronaborealis removal is not that easy. In order to eliminate it manually, you will have to not only uninstall Coronaborealis via Control Panel, but also restore the dnsapi.dll file. It is possible that you may also need to restore your DNS settings. If you want to delete Coronaborealis manually, you can use the instructions we have prepared below the article. However, if you are not confident in your computer knowledge, we advise that you go with automatic removal option instead. You can download the anti-malware from our page and use it to scan your system. The utility will detect all potentially unsafe files and programs, and terminate Coronaborealis along with them. It will also help you keep your PC safe in the future by shielding it from other infections you may catch online.
1) Erase Coronaborealis from Windows
- Press Win+C and click Settings
- Go to Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Eliminate Coronaborealis
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Open Start menu and pick Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Right-click on Coronaborealis
- Choose Uninstall
- Access Control Panel via Start menu
- Select Add or remove programs
- Choose Coronaborealis
- Click Remove
2) Restore dnsapi.dll file
- Tap Win+R and open Run
- Type in “cmd” and click OK
- If you have 32-bit system, input “sfc /scanfile=C:\Windows\system32\dnsapi.dll”
- If you have 64-bit system, input “sfc /scanfile=C:\Windows\syswow64\dnsapi.dll”
- Press the Enter key
3) Restore your DNS settings (if necessary)
- Press Win+C, click Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Network and Internet and go to Network and Sharing Center
- Click on the active connection and select Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and choose Properties
- Click the Obtain DNS server address automatically and click OK twice
Windows 7 & Vista
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Choose Network and Internet and select Network and Sharing Center
- Click on the connection type and open Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Click Properties and choose Obtain DNS Server address automatically
- Click OK twice to save changes
- Open Start menu and move to Control Panel
- Select Network Connections and right-click on the active connection
- Choose Properties and click Internet Protocol
- Click Properties and select Obtain DNS server address automatically
- Click OK to save changes
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.