How to erase Bing Redirect virus
Bing Redirect virus is a term used to refer to a browser hijacker that can alter your browser settings without your approval. Bing is not the only legitimate search engine that can be affected by it. There are other versions of the infection such as Google Redirect virus and Yahoo Redirected virus that exhibit the same symptoms. The good news is that it is not actually a virus, which means that it cannot damage your computer on its own or steal your private data.
That being said, it is still not something you want to keep on your PC. The hijacker disrupts your online surfing not only by changing your settings, but also by redirecting you to random sites, displaying adverts on your visited pages, slowing down your Internet connection, and more. We urge you to delete Bing Redirect virus without further delay.
Where does Bing Redirect virus come from?
If you are wondering how Bing Redirect virus has managed to take over your browsers, you should try to remember what freeware you have recently installed. Free software bundles is the main distribution method of the hijacker. It is presented in the installation wizard as a useful program, which is why you may have agreed to installing it. In most cases, however, computer users do not notice the offer at all and thus install the hijacker and other potentially unwanted programs unwittingly. That is why you need to be especially careful next time you download free software. Make sure that you choose Advanced or Custom installation mode and decline all optional offers presented to you.
Download Removal Toolto remove Bing Redirect virus
How does Bing Redirect virus work?
The main symptom of the browser hijacker is that it modifies your home page, new tab, and default search provider. Your new start-up page may not differ much from other sites that provide search services. However, if you see any ads or links on it, you should avoid clicking on them. The same goes for the sponsored links that you may notice in the search results brought by your new search engine. The reason you should stay away from this and all other commercial data associated with the hijacker is because it holds no responsibility for it. This means that the content could be unreliable. You may end up on a corrupted website and infect your computer with malware or fall victim to some other virtual scam. If you want to make sure that does not happen, you should terminate Bing Redirect virus as soon as possible.
Other symptoms of the infection include constant redirects to its associated pages and the use of tracking cookies. The hijacker will also slow down your online browsing speed and it may affect your computer performance as well. There is no reason why you should tolerate any of these inconveniences. We advise that you delete Bing Redirect virus from your browsers.
How to remove Bing Redirect virus?
You can choose one of the two follow Bing Redirect virus removal options: manual or automatic. If you decide to erase Bing Redirect virus manually, you will have to identify and uninstall the application with which the hijacker has entered your PC. You will also need to restore your browser settings afterwards. In case you are not sure how to complete these tasks, you can follow the instructions in the manual Bing Redirect virus removal guide below. Alternatively, you can implement the anti-malware tool from our site and remove Bing Redirect virus automatically. This solution is more beneficial, because it will also provide your PC with real-time online protection.
Bing Redirect virus Removal
Delete Bing Redirect virus
- Press Win+X and select Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application
- Click Uninstall
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Open Start menu and click on Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted software
- Choose Uninstall
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Select Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program
- Select Remove
Uninstall Bing Redirect virus from browsers:
- Click on the Gear icon and pick Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to Gear icon and open Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, set a new search engine
- Open Firefox menu and click on Options
- On the General tab, replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and change your default search engine
- Click on the menu again and select Add-ons
- Terminate browser unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu and select Settings
- Under On Startup, click Set pages
- Change your home page and click OK
- In Search section, click Manage search engines
- Modify your default search provider
- Go to Extensions section (above Settings)
- Delete unwanted browser extensions
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.